POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: SkyPOV 0.1 : Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color definition (Re: Announce: SkyPOV 0.1)
From: Stephane Marty
Date: 13 Nov 2000 17:21:08
Message: <3A10777B.294FE50F@videotron.ca>
> It would be very simple to do once you have the code for converting
> between the color systems. I can think of two possible ways of doing the
> syntax:
> 1: Separate rgb_to_hls(), rgb_to_cmy(), rgb_to_hsv() functions.
> 2: Three functions: rgb_to(COLOR_SYS, COLOR), to_rgb(COLOR_SYS, COLOR),
> convert_color(COLOR_SYS_SRC, COLOR_SYS_DEST, COLOR). This has the
> advantage of being simpler when there are a lot of color systems.

Actually, this kind of function could be usefull for users, but if in
addition you want to improve the final quality of rendering, Spectral
Color Space has to be implemented into PoV. There's a BIG difference of
quality between an image rendered using spectral space and the same one
rendered in RGB...

S.M.